We are seeking postdoctoral fellows to join the lab. Please visit https://www.postdocjobs.com/posting/7075686 for more information.
News coverage for Attar et al. Science 2020 paper in which we reported the discovery of histone H3 as a copper reductase enzyme.
- The secret life of histones
Johannes Rudolph and Karolin Luger, Science
- Histones’ secret enzyme gig may have helped power eukaryote evolution
Alla Katsnelson, CHEMICAL & ENGINEERING NEWS
- UCLA Study Pinpoints New Function For Histones
- Histone H3-H4 tetramer found to be a copper reductase enzyme
Bob Yirka , Phys.org
- UCLA scientists identify new function for histones
Emily Henderson, NEWS Medical Life Sciences
- Histones do double duty
Caitlin Deane, Nature Chemical Biology
News coverage for McBrian et al. Mol Cell 2013 paper in which we proposed that dynamic and global histone acetylation and deacetylation regulates intracellular pH.
- Mighty Modifications
Beth Marie Mole, The Scientist (2013)
- Global Histone Acetylation Is Linked to pH
Cancer Discovery (2013)
- Chromatin: pH regulation by histone acetylation
Louisa Flintoft, Nature Reviews Genetics (2013)
News coverage for Horwitz et al. Science 2008 and Ferrari et al. Science 2008. In collaboration with Arnie Berk’s laboratory at UCLA, we showed how Adenovirus e1a, a viral oncogene, reprograms the epigenome for oncogenic transformation.
- Sinister symphony in e1a
Sabi Lall, Nature Structural & Molecular Biology (2008)
News coverage for Seligson et al. Nature 2005 in which we showed that lower global levels of histone modifications in prostate cancer tissues are prognostic of poor clinical outcome. Since this publication, the utility of histone modifications in cancer prognosis has been extended to additional histone modifications and multiple cancer types, regardless of tissue of origin.
- Selected as a Nature Milestone in 2005
- Cancer: A changing global view
Barbara Marte, Nature (2005)